The Memo bar enables you to add, edit and delete memos. This control bar is displayed automatically when you right-click a field reference and then select Add memo... from the context menu. Alternatively, the memo bar can be displayed permanently by selecting the Memo Bar checkbox in the View tab of the Ribbon. The memo bar is only active if you select a field reference in a workbook on which a memo was inserted.
On the left side of the memo bar, you can see a list of all memos on the selected field reference. Above this field, there is a button to add or delete a selected memo. Below the memo list you can see who created the memo and the date of its creation.
On the right side, existing memos can be edited. To do so, select the desired memo in the memo list. Then you can change the subject, the memo text and its formatting. Moreover, you can make use of functions such as copy, paste and cut, e.g. to insert screenshots into the memo text.
On the right side of the input field for the memo subject you can edit the memo's allocation to structure, period and field reference. By default, all three dimensions are activated when adding new memos. You can deactivate or reactivate dimensions by clicking the respective button. The three dimensions can be combined as needed.
- Organizational element: When activating this dimension, the memo is allocated to the element selected in the worksheet. If you selected an element in the worksheet, the structure element the field reference has been switched to is used for the memo. If only the Organizational element dimension is activated, the memo is valid on all field references of the selected structural element.
- Period: When activating this dimension, the memo is allocated to the period selected in the worksheet. If you selected a field reference in the worksheet, which has been switched to the period December, this month is used as the period for the memo. If only the Period dimension is activated, the memo is valid on all field references switched to this period.
- Field reference: When activating this dimension, the memo is allocated to the field reference selected in the worksheet. If only the Field reference dimension is activated, the memo is always valid for this field reference, regardless of the element and period the worksheet is switched to.
If all three dimensions are active, the memo is stored on exactly one structural element, for one period and on one field reference.
The Memo bar allows fast access to existing memos of a certain value in a document. Multiple memos can be displayed for the respective element.
Description of the symbols
- Switch edit mode on/off: Enables or disables the edit mode of the selected memo.
- Write memo: Saves the changes of the memo made in edit mode.
- Memo list: For the selection of existing memos.
For a detailed description of the remaining symbols please refer to the memo help.