FAQ:I am working with MS Windows Vista/Windows 7. What do I have to consider?
When working with Windows Vista/Windows 7, please note that the user account control must be disabled before starting the installation. To do so, go to Start - Control Panel - User Accounts. This step is essential for a successful installation..
Detailed instructions can be found on this Microsoft page.We recommend you to use the Setup Wizard to carry out the installation. It can be started via the file Index.hta in the installation directory and ensures that the necessary parameters for a correct configuration of the system are passed to the setups.
- Starting with version 4.3, Professional Planner has been compatible with Vista.
- The Business Edition of MS Windows Vista/Windows 7 is a minimum requirement. Windows Home/Home Premium is not supported at present.
PP 2008 installation
When installing Professional Planner 2008, you will be guided through the steps relevant for Vista/Windows 7.
- Installation VCREDIST: In this step, Visual C++ runtime components are installed. This is a system requirement for the installation of Professional Planner 2008 on Windows Vista/Windows 7. The file for a 32-bit system can be downloaded here.
- Registering VBScript.dll: Click here to register VBScript.dll. This is also a system requirement for the installation of Professional Planner 2008 on Windows Vista/Windows 7. The registration file can be downloaded here.
You will find the above mentioned tools both on your Professional Planner 2008 CD and in our Download Center.
Installing Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express
Please note that the User Account Control must be disabled first when working with Windows Vista/Windows 7. To do so, go to Start - Control Panel - User Accounts. Start the installation via the corresponding menu item in our Setup Wizard (Index.hta).
You can install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express from your Professional Planner 2008 CD or from our Download Center - the installation and the necessary configuration will be executed automatically. If you install Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition from another source, e.g. the Microsoft homepage, you have to manually make some configuration settings after the installation. Carry out the following steps:
1. In Professional Planner, go to Tools - Options - Local Server tab and enter the host name of your computer, as well as the instance (Hostname\SQLExpress) under MS SQL Server instance for database files.
2. When using MS Windows Vista/Windows 7, users need to have full access to the data and example directories of Professional Planner.
3. Users have to be added to the group "SQLServer2005MSSQLUser$ComputerName$InstanceName" in the Windows User Administration.
4. Open the SQL Server Configuration Manager via Start - Programs - Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and double-click the SQL Server (instance name) to open the properties. Go to "Built-in account" and select "Local System".
5. Microsoft Vista users are not by default members of the SQL Server system administrator role. Option "Add users to SQL Server administrator role": This option adds the user running the installation to the system administrator role of SQL Server Express. To do so, you may have to display the advanced installation options.