The Control tab enables you to drill values, rotate tables, enable detail lists, define how database values are displayed, enter values in the calculation bar, define period distributions, sort values and undo data input. This tab is only available in open workbooks.
- Drill: Elements can be drilled to provide a more detailed view. By clicking on the arrow below the drill symbol, you can select and apply the desired drill type. The default setting is Drill Original Level. The following drill types are available:
- All Levels
- Next Level
- Original Level
- Same Level
- List Query (F7): Enables/disables the detail lists available in the active document.
- Rotate Table (Ctrl+D): Changes the structure and period dimension.
- Year-to-date (Ctrl+K): Enables/disables the display of year-to-date values.
- In Thousands: Enables/disables the display in thousands (/1000).
- Currency: Converts values according to the entered exchange rate.
- Original Data (Ctrl+Shift+O): Restores the original data after a simulation.
- Update (F5): With this button the current worksheet is recalculated and database references are updated.
- Factor: Input field for the factor. Factors can be entered either manually or via the calculator symbol. The calculator symbol can also be used to carry out simple calculations and transfer them to the input field.
- Addition (Ctrl+): Adds the entered factor to the value(s) of the selected cell(s).
- Subtraction (Ctrl -): Subtracts the entered factor from the value(s) of the selected cell(s).
- Multiplication (Ctrl *): Multiplies the entered factor with the value(s) of the selected cell(s).
- Division (Ctrl /): Divides the entered factor by the value(s) of the selected cell(s).
- Equation (Ctrl+Enter, Ctrl+Shift+0): Inserts the entered factor into the selected cell(s).
All keyboard shortcuts for the calculation operators can either be carried out using Ctrl and the respective operator on the number pad or using Ctrl+Shift and the respective operator on the standard keys.
- Execute Distribution: Applies the selected period distribution to the selected cells.
- Period distribution: Adding and managing period distributions.
- Top-down Input: Using the top-down input you can enter values at sum level that will be distributed top-down depending on the period distribution you selected. Double-click this button to permanently enable top-down input. (To disable this function, simply click the button again.)
- Enable series value: With this function, the percentage increase of a particular value can be transferred to the following periods. Double-click this button to permanently enable the series value function.
- Top-down Equal Distribution: Distributes the value entered top-down equally on the next level.
- Ascending: Sort data A-Z or in ascending order. This function can also be used to sort the results of list queries and drill-down queries, such as the drill-down filter.
- Descending: Sort data A-Z or in descending order. This function can also be used to sort the results of list queries and drill-down queries, such as the drill-down filter.
- Disable Sorting: Disables the selected sorting.
- Undo Data: Enables you to undo data input.